O Tejo

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





I get the feeling that I’m spending too much time on the internet when I find “local” news on foreign blogs. Truth be told, I had no previous knowledge of this until I read about it on Treehugger just today.
What’s it all about, then? Well, it’s a “poetic” bike path that stands along the shore of the river Tejo (Tagus), in my hometown Lisbon. The pavement is decorated with phrases from “O Guardador de Rebanhos” by Alberto Caeiro – one of the pseudonyms of the great Portuguese poet Fernando Pessoa. The outcome is quite interesting as you can see in the video above, authored by Abílio Vieira. If you’re interested you can find more pictures right here with some additional details.